Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Jennifer finally agreed to let me post some of her poetry and so I am so proud to share it with you.

My Prayer

This is what I say,
when I pray everyday.

Lord, show me what to do
so I can do it for You.

Lord, show me how to act,
so my heart and soul are intact.

Lord, show me what to say
so I can pray..

So I can pray for your people
go to the church with a steeple
So I can pray for Israel
who does not know Who is real.

Lord, show me Who You are
the bright and morning star.

March 9, 2008 by Jennifer Powell


(Untitled)

They saw the works of the One
Who was and is and is to come.
They broke the bread with the Son
Who died for you and everyone.

He made the stars, the moon, and sun
He made you, and me, and everything.
He’s coming soon, to Him we’ll meet
He’s coming soon so be ready.

I know it seems like He doesn’t care
But, He’s there for you, He’ll care.

So many times she tried and tried
but not with pride.
Does anyone care?

With humility He went, His dignity spent
They even dared to think that He didn’t care

But He’s there and He does care
Don’t believe what they say
That He doesn’t care that there is no way

He is on the way and He’s gonna say
I love you and I will NEVER
leave you nor forsake you.


Jan. 2008
Jennifer Powell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your gift with us! What a blessing you are!

Aunt Jen, Uncle Dan, Andy & Emily

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere