Monday, April 14, 2008

Goodbye Reading (sniffle-sniffle)

I made a difficult decision today. I have been working up to it for a while but today was the day that I finally made the choice. I will not read (for pleasure) at home as long as there are things that need to be done. Sounds drastic and it actually is. I have so many things that I need to do or at least get started on and yet when I have 'free' time at home I normally choose to play a game with my kids or to read. Lately, it has mostly been reading. If the libraries were to send me a report each month with the number of books I have borrowed it would be quite embarrassing. So, what shall I do when I can't fall asleep at night? Journal, read my Bible (that IS allowed!) or pray. I will limit my pleasure reading to sitting on the stationary bike, waiting in lines, or other places where I have time on my hands that I won't feel guilty for using it for reading. I have a house to spring clean, boxes to pack for Uganda, a garage to clear out, and a yard that is DESPERATELY needing some TLC! I would like to put in a small garden this year and also work with both kids more on some long over-due projects for school and for life. Now that winter is mostly gone (we did have another dusting of snow Saturday and Sunday) it is time to put away the books and get out the grubby work clothes. I am sure that there will be some withdrawals but I know that 'I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.'

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere