Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just a little Catchin' up!

10-13-07
Saturday the kids and I were up at 7 and at the car repair shop by 8:30 to get the car fixed. We walked to McDonalds from the Lake County Tire shop and waited there until Mark called me to let me know what was going on.. It turned out that I needed to have some major work done and it looked as if it might be covered by my warranty. So we walked back and I tried to contact the warranty company and we finally figured out we needed to get it into the Hyundai shop for the repairs. Since I was so close to the end of my warranty (by less than 100 miles!), I didn't want to drive any more than I had to!! We went from there to the Sign of the Dove to collect the bags of groceries from people who were dropping them off and also to help Alma decorate for the Fall season. We were at the church from 10:30ish until after 5:00 pm with a small break where we went to the neighborhood to collect the bags we had distributed the week before for ShareFest.
Oh, and Jennifer agreed to be in the Christmas play so she has practice every Saturday now from 3:30 -5:00. At 5:00 we went with Stephan Baily to Village Church of Gurnee to deliver all the food we had collected so far (635 pounds!). Then we ran over to the PetSmart to get crickets and to Target to make a return. By then it was after 7pm and I was tired, cranky and just plain beat!

10-14-07
Sunday I woke up all congested and missed first service. After second service the kids and I went directly back to Village Church to deliver all the food bags that people had brought to church with them that morning. Our total weight was 935 pounds!!
We stayed there in the rain and help sort food and load boxes to put on the truck (Northern Illinois Food Bank) until almost 6pm. We were wet, cold and tired but ended up heading to Michaels for Jennifer to look for something to decorate her boots with and then to the Card & Party Store to look for a stuffed animal net. All in all the trips were not successful. Then Jared asked me to come and help him with his computer and DBI Final and so we dropped by his apartment and tried to get him straightened out and after an hour or so realized I had done all I could short of doing it for him and we left there. We finally made it home around 9:30 and got snuggled into dry clothes and had family devotions and went to bed fairly early.

10-15-07
Monday was another crazy day of go-go-go! Jordan had skateboard lessons, Jennifer had Volleyball practice.

I had a call to pick up a bag that was not picked up on Sunday and then Jared called again in a panic. (His class and final were due at 7pm) I had a ton of phone calls to make and take and so before I knew it the day was gone and I was still feeling like I had a million things to do. One of the calls was about my car that needed to go into the dealership and I found out that they couldn't look at it until Wednesday. Uh-oh! I was afraid that I would go over my miles so I called my friend Wanda Siler to catch a ride to work Tuesday.

10-16-07
So Tuesday I didn't drive my car at all and the kids just stayed home all day. I didn't get home until 5:30 because Wanda works 9:00-5:00 and so after I got home and helped the kids with school work it was time to go to DBI. I stayed busy all day Tuesday at work and didn't even email or stay online because I was so far behind.

10-17-07
Wednesday I took the car to the dealership to drop it off at 6:45am and by 8:00am I was driving to work in a rental car waiting to hear what would happen with my car repairs. The good news came around 10:30 that the work was all covered by the warranty and I shouted "Praise God!!" They weren't sure how long it would take so I kept the rental all day. I drove down to Fox River in the afternoon to meet Anne Tronetti so she could use the four day bonus stay there for us. We had too many commitments this weekend. Tonight Jennifer has Volleyball game at 4:30. Friday night prayer 7-9, Saturday morning, When We Pray, and I am leading PrayKids!, and Saturday afternoon Jennifer has Christmas play practice from 3:30 till 5:00. So we offered to let Anne and Darlene Rajala stay and enjoy the resort. I pray they are blessed.

Praise Report
I need to backtrack a little…
Tuesday night I had gotten a call from a lady who wanted to freecycle a bookcase and I was really interested in it for the kids to use in the basement for their games etc. So she said it was mine if I could pick it up Wednesday. Well, when I asked if she thought it would fit in my car she said no but I went on faith and told her that I would find a way to get it to my house. Remember, my car was going into the shop first thing in the morning and the rental I reserved was an economy which would likely be smaller than my Elantra. Wednesday when I saw the Enterprise fella drive up in a cherry red VW beetle I thought to myself “NO WAY!” but took a deep breath. After signing the papers and going outside he asked me what type of car did I have in mind and I said whatever the ‘economy’ would get me for $27.45. He said he had about 4 cars there at the dealership or I could take the Bug. I told him I would rather drive ANYTHING besides that bright red dot. He went inside again to get some keys while I stood outside waiting. As I looked around I saw a little pick-up with extended cab and bed liner that had an Enterprise plate on it and thought to myself “Now THAT would be great!” thinking that I had until 12:00 noon to pick up the bookcase. He came back out and walked over and asked rather hesitantly “How would you feel about driving a truck?” Inside I was jumping up and down and doing back flips!!!! Praise God once again. I got the truck for the same price and was able to get the bookcase and not worry about driving to Fox River in the rain and wind. God is SO GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Danae!

I get so excited when I get a good deal. "Free" is a great price for a shelf for games!

Yay, GOD!!!

~Leah

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Sounds like life is moving full speed ahead! You are my hero, and I love how you embrace life, and live it up. I only wish you would move to VA, so we could see you like we did in Tucson!!!! Miss and love you :-)
Kendra

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere