Friday, October 12, 2007

His Embrace

Sign of the Dove Ministries Uganda has opened His Embrace Children's Home for the orphans in and around Zana, UG. Erica Kaggwa, Pastor Daniel Kaggwa's wife, has told me they already have 14 children and over 500 registered. Here are some pictures of the children and also a copy of Erica's email regarding the work they have begun. I am so excited that we will be able to partner with them to help these children! Please keep them all in your prayers.

My dear sister,

The kids are fine, we have 14 children in the house which we are renting for the orphans, and pastor is working on the registration for the children. It takes a lot of time and money to do it, but he is a hard working man of God, trying to put everything together. They were brought from different districts and churches. Yesterday we bought for them sacks of food and we still need hundreds of kilograms of food to support. We bought some matresses for them and cooking pots and other neccesities.We recieved orphans funds from the SOD and this was a good begining for us.They are lovely childen who had never gone to school , most have lost both parents though some have one parent who cannot care for them. We have registerd over 500 orphans so far!

You will love them when you come in November and I know you will spend some good days with them. We have the youngest at three years old. She lost both parents and they died of AIDS and we don't know much about her life but I think we shall take her for a blood check up. Most of these children lost their parents through AIDS and they are very young , we shall take them for blood check ups.

They came with worms, we are asking the Lord to give me wisdom and enough support for them. They had giggers, in their fingers with big stomachs . I thank the Lord because He answerd my prayers. He has given me more compassion to help them, I need your prayers and I ask you to sell the vision to all the well wishers who are your freinds, workmate and family members.

I spend over 14 hours of my time with them at the house and we shall have good time with you and your children when you come. I thank you for the support of these innocent kids and may the Lord bless you soo sooo much.
love you and miss you.

Erica Kaggwa



Children eating maize


Erica and the Children


David, Age 7


Benson, Age 7


Vincent, Age 8

Praising in the House!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere