Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today I woke up feeling like a total failure.

• I haven’t called Kendra in forever -- what kind of friend am I?
• I haven’t gotten the projects together for the Sharefest. I really am the worlds worst procrastinator. I must not want to change because that has been on my prayer list forever!
• Rushing again this morning and what kind of time is that to spend with Jesus when I am already ‘running late’?
• I didn’t get an email out to Michelle yesterday. Some kind of prayer partner I am!
• Prayer partner? Ha! I haven’t talked to Tijuwana or Caroline in at least a month!
• When is the last time Jordan took a shower? I don’t even know if his homework got done last night…
• What day is it? I wish we could skip Friday this week, Saturday and Sunday too come to think of it.. Too many commitments this weekend! Grrrr..
• Why bother? with anything… I am so tired and tired of being tired.
• I still need to get my bills done – a lot of good it did me to schedule them if I don’t sit down and do them.
• I feel fat and lazy.
• My house is a mess – I am a horrible housekeeper and steward of God’s house.
• I STILL have clothes to be folded and I took the time to finish Jennifer’s book last night!
• I have no self-control.


I woke up feeling nothing like one who is filled with the Spirit of the living God. However, I know that the Word of God says that I am:

 Loved by God ~ John 3:16
 Forgiven ~ Col 1:14
 Born Again Child of God ~ Rom 8:16
 Delivered from the Powers of Darkness ~ Col 1:13
 Redeemed from the Hands of the Enemy ~ Psa 107:2
 Called with a Holy Calling ~ 2Ti 1:9
 Created in His Image Rom ~ 8:29
 Not of This World ~ John 17:16
 Healed by His Stripes ~ 1Pe 2:24
 Free from Fear ~ 1Jo 4:18
 Crowned with His Loving Kindness & Tender Mercies ~ Psa 103
 Redeemed from the Curse of the Law ~ Gal 3:13
 Free from the Law of Sin & Death ~ Rom 8:32
 Heir of Eternal Life ~ 1Jo 5:11-12
 Heir to the Blessings of Abraham ~ Gal 3:14
 Heir of God & Joint Heirs with Jesus ~ Rom 8:17
 Blessed with All Spiritual Blessings ~ Eph 1:3
 His Workmanship Created in Christ Jesus ~ Eph.2:10
 Being Transformed by the Renewing of Our Minds ~ Rom 12:2
 Daughter of God ~ Gal 3:26
 The Elect of God ~ Col 3:12
 Filled with the Holy Spirit ~ Act 2:4,39
 Complete in Him ~ Col 2:10
 Going in His Name ~ Mar 16:15-18
 Strong in the Lord & in the Power of His Might ~ Eph 6:10
 Doing All Things through Christ Who Strengthens Us ~ Phl 4:13
 Daily Overcoming the Devil ~ 1Jo 4:4
 More Than Conquerors ~ Rom 8:37
 Overcoming by the Blood of the Lamb & the Word of Our Testimonies ~ Rev 12:11

But that is not what I felt. Feeling and knowing are not the same thing and when we operate only on what we feel, we walk in our flesh; but, when we walk in the truth of His Word, we walk by faith in the spirit. I choose to walk in the spirit by faith!!

I woke up in the flesh but I praise God that I am now walking by the spirit and choosing to walk in faith and not by feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walk by faith! Great reminders, Danae~

Love you!
You're awesome.

~Leah

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere