Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Omission or Commission?

I used to be content in my way of thinking especially in terms of right and wrong. Recently the Holy Spirit has given me much to consider and it is bringing about some paradigm shifts. Those who know me well know that I love to read. That is not an exaggeration at all. I love to read! It is nothing for me to have four or more books started at one time and nothing to finish a book at one setting. : ) So what does this have to do with anything? Well, recently I was reading a few books simultaneously and I found myself pondering a common theme in each of them. Sins of omission vs. sins of commission. The books, in case anyone is interested, are Return to Holiness by Gregory Frizzel, Rescued by John Bevere with Mark Andrew Olsen, Driven by Eternity by John Bevere, and In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. I highly recommend all of them. I also recommend the classic allegory Hinds Feet in High Places by Hannah Hurnard which I am reading again this time aloud to my family.

Back to my point today... What are we not doing that is keeping us from all that God desires for us?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere