Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hard lessons from Daniel

Daniel 5:20-22 “But when his heart was lifted up, and his spirit was hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him. Then he was driven from the sons of men, his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild donkeys. They fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses.”
(This is God through Daniel speaking to Belshazzar regarding King Nebuchadnezzar.)

"But you his son, Belshazzar,
have not humbled your heart
, although you knew all this. And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven… and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.”

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

V.26-28
This is the interpretation of each word. Mene: God has numbered your (days) kingdom, and finished it; Tekel: You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting; Peres: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians."

From my study yesterday I realized I don’t want to be like either Nebuchadnezzar or Belshazzar! I don’t want pride or a lofty spirit to keep me from glorifying my Lord.

I confess my selfish heart and submit it to You Father to transform into a heart like Yours! Keep me from a haughty attitude or spirit. I rebuke the spirit of pride and the pride of life and state with all authority given me through the blood of Jesus Christ, “Get out of my life and every area of my life that you have tried to corrupt!” I thank You Father, that the Holy Spirit You have given as a comforter will replace the self with Your love and Your life and a desire to do Your will, Holy Spirit have Your way in me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere