Thursday, May 03, 2007

I realized recently that for all that I say and do throughout any given day only one thing will matter at the end of my life. Did I love Him? Did I love Him in my words? Did I love Him in my behaviour and attitude? Did I love Him in my actions and motives? Did I love Him more than 5 or 10 minutes? Did I love on Him all day?

Someone close to me once said to me after an apology, "Words are cheap, your actions speak much more richly." I was really hurt at the time because I felt my words were sincere but upon reflection I realized that their words were very true and my motivation for apologizing was not because I was 'sorry' but because I desired peace in the relationship. My intentions were for peace not repentance nor did I truly feel I was wrong.

In my relationship with Jesus, do I say what He wants to hear while inwardly thinking of what I desire in selfish motivation? -- That in itself is ridiculous considering that the God of the whole universe and every living thing already knows my motivations, thoughts, and desires better than I even understand them. Yet, I know that I operate at times as if I am not an open book to the Author who is writing me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere