Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Faith like one of these little ones.

Jordan has Strep. I was actually getting VERY nervous when he got so sick so suddenly. I didn't want to scare him though so didn't start calling everyone or act too upset. He woke me up in the middle of the night Saturday early Sunday morning.. Panting hard but not wheezing. I listened to his chest and it wasn't a wheeze just panting hard and his heart beat was racing. I thought he felt a little warm but didn't wake him up. He woke up himself a little after 4am and said he didn't feel good and would I pray for him. I prayed and then took his temp and it was 102.1 and so I gave him some Motrin. He then had some diarrhea and said his head really hurt and his legs hurt. He went back to bed and woke up around 9am and said he felt much better could he go play outside and could I please make bacon... I didn't know what to think because I thought for sure we were headed into a major asthma episode or something.
Sunday after Church he was running a temp again and this time complaining that his legs hurt and he couldn't move his neck without it hurting. (This is when I got scared. I remember the little boy next door to my sister in Albany, GA who died of menengitis!) By 5pm Sunday it was a matter of just hovering over him to see if I needed to call 911 or take him to the ER. He was not responding to the Motrin any more and so I added Tylenol and still couldn't get his fever to break 100.8. He was uncomfortable even lying down and complaining that his throat felt like it was closing up. "It feels really small mom" and yet my experience here with the ER was not the greatest so I felt if we could hang on until 8 am on Monday when his pediatrician could see him we would be much better off. Not to mention the $100 co pay for ER that usually was a waste. NOT at all like our medical care in Tucson!!
I had taken him to the doctor twice in the past 6 weeks and both time he had these same symptoms but tested negative for Strep. I kept thinking of some hidden disease that was not being found and really wasn't doing my state of mind much good but was praying non-stop.
Yesterday after the doctor looked at him and took the Strep test again. 3rd one since March! Came back after 10 minutes and said, "It is VERY, VERY Positive for Strep!" What exactly does that mean? VERY, VERY Positive?? You know I asked! She said he has a severe case of Strep and that is why he wasn't responding to the Motrin or Tylenol. So it may have been in his system for a long time but just not showing up on the fast test that they do in the office there. Anyway, he is going to school today. (12 hours on Antibiotic was good enough in this case) and he seems to be feeling better already. Last night was rough on him and he knows to call me if he feels bad during the day today. I had to smile last night when Jordan asked me if I would ask Pastor Harry to pray for him when he gets back from Slovakia. I praise God for the healing He has already done in Jordan and I praise Him for the faith of my little one!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere