Friday, April 13, 2007

Monday thru Thursday

Monday, March 26th
Up at 4 am and glad to be up since I was freezing in my sleeping bag! Okay, I should have known that my toes would be cold in Mexico just as they are every other place I have lived or stayed. (I didn’t take my wool socks obviously) I truly enjoyed the early mornings and realized how much I miss the warmer climates since every one I have lived in meant nice early mornings. Today was a great day of learning and experiencing the whole ‘building’ process. Being a totally Type A personality I was eager to get busy and eager to see the whole picture as it evolved. I kept thinking how much I would have liked to see each task outlined, assigned and verified in some organized way but after coaching young people in sports I recognized the similarities. : ) It was fun! Notice I didn’t say efficient (A) but fun? It was rewarding! It was educational. It was interesting to get to know those on our team. Yes, I am mostly an extrovert and so did try to get to know most everyone. : ) God is so Amazing! I really think that I would like to do it again. (Less the wall drop on the finger.) God is Jehovah Rapha, my Healer, and my finger is whole. Might sound like a small thing but if you had seen it after it was smashed you would be singing His praises too! I slept much better that night and wore my clean socks for the next day. : )

Tuesday, March 27th
Same thing different day with a few minor differences… : ) It was so much fun! I didn’t even mind that I didn’t get to go for a run because I was keeping busy enough to get a fair cardio workout. I only made one short entry in my journal for this day but it says exactly what I was feeling.



“Praise You Lord! Indescribable! What an experience to see God in action!”


Wednedsay, March 28th
What joy there is in knowing that you are in God's perfect will.
Today was a new experience for me as I got to work with Beth more closely. She is not a type A person but we managed to get things accomplished and I was able to see R. Clinton's principles in his book The Making of a Leader up close and personal. Email me and will explain if you are interested. Great read if you are in any type of ministry, btw. Was able to work on the roof today which was a blessing to be up in the cool breeze and out of most of the dust. By mid morning the wind had kicked up into a frenzy and it was like a huge dust devil with dust and dirt getting in and on every exposed part of us. Many of us A types (you thought I was the only one??) were getting nervous as we neared the final day to complete the houses. Nerves seemed to get tight toward the end of the day but God's grace was sufficient. Like we would have expected any differently?! We were all given additional grace with the word we could all take a shower when we got back to El Faro. : ) God is so good!

Today was a day of revelation for me and I am going to share how God spoke to my heart. While waiting up on the roof of the house, I was looking down at all the servants of Christ working in the blowing dust and the image of Christ washing His disciples feet came to my mind. The significance of the dust was not lost on me as I had studied this passage in John 13 before and knew that the sandals did little to keep their feet ‘clean’ in the dust of the area where Jesus and His disciples walked. When He washed those feet they were not a pretty sight but most likely horribly filthy and caked with dirt. I felt the Holy Spirit ask me if I would wash these feet.
My first thought was that I can’t possibly wash everyone’s feet because they wouldn’t sit still to let me, they would think I am crazy, and they might even be upset at wasting water. I mentally began asking God if He meant this to be a question of willingness or if He wanted me to really step up and start washing feet. I began praying and I told Him that either way I am both willing in spirit and in body to do it, and then I asked if He meant all of the people or just some of the people. I felt in my heart that He was asking me to wash the feet of His disciples and immediately I saw those on our team who had set their lives apart to follow after Him. He gave me the image of Aaron and Hur in Exodus 17:12 holding up the arms of Moses. (He has given me this vision before and I know that I am one He has called to support those in authority over His people.) I admit at this point I was feeling quite shaky. See, I really didn’t know yet if I was going to be washing feet that afternoon, evening or what! NOT that it really would have made a difference what people would think because obedience is more important than sacrifice and I could already imagine how I was going to explain this whole conversation to my Dad and brother. I confess that I thought they both would have thought either 1.) She’s lost it! 2.) She must be trying to be “super spiritual” or something. I kept asking throughout the rest of the day what I was supposed to do with His directive. The answer came that evening when David Eggleston gave the devotional that evening. You probably already guessed it but in case you haven’t. John 13 was his text as Jesus washed His disciples’ feet after supper. The revelation came to me then as the Holy Spirit gently let me know that what He deposited in my heart earlier wasn’t just my ‘imagination’ or my over eagerness to hear from Him but He was preparing me to see Him move in a mighty way. I felt His peace surround me as I accepted His confirmation. Maybe you can’t understand all of this but let me tell you two things – God still moves!! I am in awe!!

Thursday, March 29th
Today we finished the houses and gave the keys to the new owners in a dedication ceremony. Okay, it wasn’t quite that simple but it was what we did. I need to get some pictures up to share this story.

To say that the impact was great is an understatement. The outreach was profound and the reward was priceless. I never want my heart to beat outside of my Father’s. I don’t mind tears when I know that they come from Him.


Fiesta time! There was a great big celebration for all of the families and neighbors to attend at El Faro and we stayed up late now that the work was done.

Note: I haven’t said much on these posts about Jennifer and Jordan for a reason. They have their own stories and I am believing that they will share them soon. : )

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere