Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Homeschooling Threat

Thanks to Kendra for passing on the link for this petition to protect the rights of homeschoolers nationwide.

For those who haven't heard, California basically ruled against families right to educate their children according to their own convictions. While this may not affect you personally because you don't homeschool, we must be constantly vigiliant against any government control over private citizens. I am obviously pro-homeschool, but so much more than that, I am pro-parents. And I believe in small government. And if we look at history, we know that it is often seemingly "innocent" small steps down the slippery slope. They take away one thing today, and something else tomorrow. And then something else after that. Obviously, this is the beginning of what could be a long legal battle. We will be praying for those who will fight this battle. So many have worked so hard for homeschooling freedoms across this land. Let it not be in vain in even one state.

Please take the time to sign this petition. Read more about the ruling here:

California Ruling


Click here to sign PETITION

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We signed this petition a couple days ago, Danae. Jeepers, these times are scary.

My hope is in Him, so I shall not fear, though!! :)

Love ya,
~Leah

Anonymous said...

Danae,
Nice getting "caught up" with you and your wonderful children. I am glad to hear how God is blessing you, and keeping you!
In less than 2 wks, I heading out for a cross-country trip with the kids~back to my wonderful desert!!
Love to travel, love to have adventure, and love spring, so it should be a much LOVED time :-)
Hope to see you guys sometime soon!
Love you, Kendra

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere