Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just when I think I have it all figured out...

We love the library! (We average 4-5 visits a week)
The obvious reason is that we love to read. Well, Jennifer and I do.. Jordan is still being coerced into reading but does well when the subject matter is appealing.

This past Wednesday I took the kids to the library to drop items off and check out new materials and took the opportunity to get some good reading material for them to expand their school learning.

We plan on visiting Amsterdam in November/December and I thought how great it would be to learn about Anne Frank. (The Hiding Place) Well, I found several children's books and picture books and even came across one in comic form. However, Jennifer was adamant she was not intending to read any of them unless I 'made' her do it. I figured I was going to have a slight fuss on my hand and had decided we would pick one or two and read them together each evening. We are currently reading This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti.

Imagine my surprise when I came home Thursday and found her reading the largest volume, "The Diary of a Young Girl: the definitive edition" and was almost finished! She finished it Friday.. I am still in shock! Not over the fact that she put away 400 some pages like it was nothing but because she decided to read it and kept reading it and is able to really discuss Anne Frank's life.

It doesn't take much to make me smile and feel good inside and that definitely did it!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere