Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Setbacks are not Failures

A counselor once told me this truth and it has proven itself out over the years. Setbacks are just that- a set back from where we once were. They do not equate to failures unless we allow them to. I have encountered a setback and it has been disappointing but I am not allowing the enemy of my soul claim any victory in the matter. I merely have to keep pushing on and persevere just as Aposple Paul encourages us. What is my setback? I am back in a splint and cannot do much at all with my right hand. Mowing grass, everyday household chores, and even shifting gears to drive are once again out of the question or at least severely limited.

God is still on the throne and He still has His best interests at heart and that is my confidence.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere