Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update

These past five weeks have been very interesting for me. Not in the sense that I have been doing anything especially amazing, but in my limitations, what I have managed to examine about myself. If you are not one for introspectiveness then stop reading now.

I warned you.

Some things I have learned since breaking my left arm on May 30th:

• I do not like being dependent but I enjoy being taken care of. (Go figure!?)
• I get easily frustrated with my own limitations but not so easily with others.
• I don't like to ask for help but I have fewer issues accepting unsolicited help.
• My muscles in one arm tend to cause the muscles in the other to contract.
• Kids know how to take advantage of you to the nth degree.
• Sometimes drugs are good.
• Two broken arms provide a great excuse for many things. (Eating out, not doing dishes or laundry, not writing out bills, having a messy house, not brushing very well…)
• We should all learn to be ambidextrous so we can brush our teeth well with either hand.
• Showers are a luxury we take for granted.
• I am a compulsive list maker.
• I can survive without lists.
• God hears even when I am on Vicodin.
• Life is not as stressful when we are not thinking we are in control.
• Kids are the best for hugs!
• My children love me and think I am a good Mom. (Amazing what you hear when you are almost asleep!)
• God doesn't make mistakes. He can't--He is Perfect.
• I make a lot of mistakes. All my mistakes or poor choices are covered by His blood.
• It is hard to talk on the phone with broken arms.
• Reading is opening windows to the world.
• I cannot worry about tomorrow, nor today but only this moment.
• God is still molding me and the more pliable I become the easier it will be on both of us!
• God is so good to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are good things to be aware of, Danae. :) But I'm still waiting to hear HOW in the world you broke both arms??? Are you moonlighting as a stuntwoman? Did you join the National Rodeo circuit? Trying out for the summer olympics in gymnastics?? Did you join the CIRCUS???!!

I hope you are healing up and have full use of BOTH arms soon!

Love ya,
~Leah

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere