Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Forgotten?

I was thinking about all that has happened in our lives over the past four years and I realized that many things have been 'forgotten'. Well, temporarily at least.

I was talking with someone at work today and was sharing how Jordan bought a new lizard this past Saturday to replace Lizzy who died while he was in Idaho. I described how I tried to give Lizzy (Jordan's yellow plated lizard) chest compressions to revive her and how I put her in the wooden box Jordan had made at Home Depot for burial.
Well, during this conversation I realized that I hadn't journaled about the whole experience (broken arm excuse) and hadn't blogged about it either (same excuse). Then realized how many things in our daily adventures that are just memories and until something jogs those memories they lie there seemingly forgotten.

Then came the realization that although the memories may be pushed way into the dark recesses of our memory banks one day they will all be replayed. Good and bad. The day we stand before our Creator and Judge will be the day that every memory will be remembered and with it every motivation, decision and outcome will be charged to our account.
Scary.
It won't be our version of reality either but will be remembered in light of the Truth. In other words, we often remember incidents through our personal 'filters' which may or may not be the true reality.

Well, for those who are interested we now have an Ameiva living with us who is pregnant and ready to lay her eggs soon. We don't know if they are fertile or not though.. Should have asked that obvious question when we bought her. Jordan went Saturday to the Reptile Swap and was thrilled with all of the 'critters' with the exception of the pinkie mice. He really wants a crested gecko and bearded dragon but for now we have settled with the Ameiva who can live with the skink, Small Fry. Celly, his Russian tortoise, has an outdoor enclosure for the rest of the summer and seems to be thriving with the new habitat. Soon we will be makeing her an indoor enclosure for the winter that is much bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am all caught up with my dear friend and sister!! You are a hoot...I loved all your post. I wanna go to MEX with you :-) I am so sorry, wish I was right there to give you 'unsoliciated help'. Thanks for the words of wisdom, and how you just are so open and honest. You have encouraged me, my friend!!
Nice talking to you as well. Yeah for Verizon :-)
My love, Kendra

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere