Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I've Been Waiting...

I’ve been waiting to dance with you in fields full of colors you have never seen
I’ve been waiting to show you beauty you never dreamed that’s always been in you.
I’ve been waiting to see you tremble as you’re embraced by a world saturated with My love.
I’ve been waiting for the day when at last I get to say “My child you are finally home!”

I’ve been waiting to watch you realize what all your longing was for.
I’ve been waiting to show you the thread of grace that ran through all your pain.
I’ve been waiting to let you drink the water of which your greatest joy on earth was just a taste.
I’ve been waiting for the day when at last I get to say “My child you
are finally home!”

Every tear you cried dried in the palm of my hand.
Every lonely hour was by my side.
Every loved one lost, every river crossed…
Every moment of every hour was pointing to this day... I’ve been
longing for this day...
I’ve been waiting….Oh Child of Mine!

from Martyr’s Song by Todd Agnew

Oh what a day it will be and what a comfort to know that He awaits us as passionately as a groom his bride. I am so amazed by His love for me and long for more of Him and more of His passion. How do we see outside this world into His world while walking this path here on earth? I am going to find out and when I know I will share it with you. I believe that like Elisha our eyes can be opened and we can see that which others cannot see in mere flesh. So often I have pondered the why’s of my faith – Why don’t we do ‘even greater things’ as Jesus said we would? Why do so many Christian denominations not get along? Why are spiritual gifts more evident in third world countries than in America? Why do I fail in the same areas of my life over and over again? These are really not requiring an answer because I already know the answers but even knowing the answers I keep finding myself still asking the questions. I want to be so filled with and walking in the Spirit that I will no longer be pondering these kind of questions but will be moved into action and making changes in my circle of influence and broadening that circle daily.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere