Monday, August 01, 2011

The kids and I are alive and well and can't believe how fast this year is going by us! We leave tomorrow for Enumclaw and Creation Northwest.
Father's Day and The Fourth of July have already come and gone and I have been very negligent in blogging or journaling.

We have found a church home at Columbia Foursquare Church and the kids are really enjoying the youth program, Breakthrough.

Well, we are back from Creation Northwest and I just realized that this blurb never got posted. Oops! Well, now there will be pictures posted too.

God is SO VERY GOOD and we are so very blessed by His Mercy and Grace!!!

We had never been to a Creation Festival and had heard so many good things about them. I signed myself and Jennifer up to volunteer for the event and determined to not only attend but to serve as well.





serving Him which is incalculable. He did not disappoint!

We arrived on Monday, July 18th, and checked in before setting up our tent site. My first shift was at 7:00am on Tuesday and it started out a cool and slow morning that quickly warmed up as I was able to help out in both the kitchen area (Hospitality) and the Prayer Tent. I was blessed to meet some wonderful people who served to remind me of what an honor it is to work together with others to serve our Lord! Lee, Jackie, Pastor Terry, Mark, Cheryl, Teri, and the list goes on..

Jennifer amazed me with her attitude and willingness to be used by God through her service. Several times I offered to take her shift so she could see various artists perform and her response was always the same, "No thanks, Mom, it wouldn't be fair to the others. I can always hear them another time or listen to the CD." I am so impressed when my daughter shows the depth of her character in ways so contrasting to the normal teen mantra 'Me, me, me!' Just had to brag on her a bit! Her work was in the Staff Office and she really enjoyed it. She is ready for next year already as am I.

The Festival offically opened on Wednesday and Dan, Jen, Andy, Emily and Isaac Poorman drove down from Post Falls to attend. They stayed out at Uncle Don and Aunt Belle's house in Auburn which is just 12 miles away. I didn't realize how close they were until Tuesday and by that time the kids and I had driven past several times heading to and from Costco and Auburn. I was so glad when I finally got to see them at the end of the week.

1 comment:

Hal said...

I love you all so much!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere