Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Revolve Tour in Portland, OR

Incredible experience to see 6,776 young girls and mothers, aunts, and grandmothers all gathered to grow in Christ! Even more incredible was counting the commitment cards and realizing that 15% of those young people made a first time commitment to Christ at the conference! I cried and I shouted for joy at how awesome God is and how blessed I am to even be able to be a part of something so much bigger than myself. I praise God for allowing me to serve and pray for those girls and women. There is no denying that when we focus on others we definitely find our priorities getting back into alignment with His.

Jennifer had a great time and really enjoyed the music, drama, and speakers and informed me that "We are DEFINITELY coming back next time!" I could only smile because if there is anything I have realized in my life it is the necessity to ensure my children have as much a grounding in their faith and as many resources available as they need to stay rooted in their own faith. My faith will never be enough for them, the storms of life are going to come, and life is not always fair, pretty, easy, or even logical. When bad things happen to good people they need to know Who to turn to, what to believe in, and where to go for help. Experiences like this weekend have opened many doors for Jennifer and I to communicate about issues she may not otherwise felt comfortable talking about. To say that I am thrilled is such an understatement.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere