Sunday, November 22, 2009

In Everything... Give Thanks!

This morning as I looked at my Journal and saw several 'blank' pages I started to feel like I had failed somehow in 'keeping up'. See, my journal is not only for personal entries but is also for my prayers and devotionals so the blank pages were almost like looking at a sort of spiritual failure. I wondered for a moment if I could go back and fill the pages in to keep it from looking so barren. I quickly realized how typical that thought pattern is for me. If it is not "right", fix it! Well, the Holy Spirit gently reminded me that He did fix it! He gave me down time to get on with what He had called me to do during those periods of seemingly dry spells. I looked at the dates on either side of the blank pages and recalled some of the particulars associated with them and thought how much went on and how busy God was showing me in so many ways how much He loves me. I didn't need to write anything down because I was busy living it! I was seeing His hand on my life guiding and directing me from Illinois to Idaho, I was busy praying and groaning in the Spirit over things that only He knew how to address. Wow! In a moment I went to from a feeling of failure to awe at His graciousness to me. I am SO thankful that God doesn't give up on me and doesn't expect me to ever go back to the past and fill anything in.. His grace is sufficient! He has given me so many challenges and yet so many more blessings that my heart cannot be anything but thankful.

So right now here are some of the things that come to mind...

I am thankful for Tim Jackson's safe arrival home from Afghanistan.
I am so thankful for my dear friend Kendra and her godly example.
I am so thankful for my extended family and church family.
I am so thankful for smiles.
I am thankful for His Word and His presence.
I am thankful for laughter.
I am thankful for God's abundant mercy on my sisters.
I am thankful for my parents.
I am thankful for the beauty all around me.
I am thankful for choice, freedom, and opportunity.
I am thankful for blankets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgetting brothers? Especially the one that is going to plow your driveway all winter...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere