Monday, September 14, 2009

Better late than never..

August is here and more than half over. To everything there is a season. I wish there were a season that was running at about half-time. Slowed down, relaxed and at a pace that I can both breathe, grow, and process everything around me at the same time.

God is still faithful, still on His throne, and still holding me through every day. I see a theme here… still. I would not complain about a thing as we have spent the past several weeks building relationships with family, friends, and co-workers. I am getting prepared for the next phase that God has in store for us and for me especially. I want to grow and thrive and not simply exist here where He has planted us. I want to attain new levels of spiritual growth that causes those around me to be curious and seek Him more. Jennifer turned 14 this month and we celebrated with the family twice! It wasn’t really planned that way but it turned out to be wonderful. We had pizza and cupcakes at the house the Saturday before her birthday and then the night of her birthday I surprised her by taking her to Olive Garden and I made a ‘real’ birthday cake for her. We had the whole family there and Jennifer was so happy to have us all celebrating with her. She was blessed with greetings from friends and family from Alaska to Maine. I am so proud of my young lady who desires above all things to please God.

1 comment:

glitzen said...

Happpy Birthday, Jennifer!!! I wish we could get to know you better, but I know you are a wonderful girl and I'm proud of you. And ya know, I want you to know how much I love your mom. She is one of my favorite people on this earth, even though I don't get to see her in person anymore much. She will always be my Nae Nae, my Diters, and my "Lil Cuz".
Nae, I hope you will keep posting, I want to hear all about your new life and new location. It makes me SO HAPPY to think of you guys being close to family. So tell me more. :)
Love you!
Ger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere