Saturday, September 19, 2009

I cannot make excuses for my absence. No internet tends to leave me not interested in typing about life. I haven't even been journaling or emailing. I have been praying and I am convinced that is the best communication I can have. Doesn't help much for friends and family who may be curious what has happened since we moved to the Northwest. So here goes a short photo recap since I was last on here.

Labor Day Camping Trip with family & friends:






Jordan's First Day of Fourth Grade:


Jennifer's First Day as a Freshman:




Upward Flag Football








Jordan took 2nd Place in his North Idaho State Fair entry in the Lego Division. (I didn't get pictures unfortunately. He also joined the Upward Flag Football team and has played in two games so far. He has been helping his Papa and cousin Emily build a doll house and has been helping Papa do all sorts of 'guy' things. Like using power tools!! I walked down to the shop the other night and there was Jordan using a grinder to unweld some wheels off a frame and spark were flying everywhere. I thought at first he was welding! After my heart stopped pounding, I watched in amazement as he and his Papa finished the task like they had been working together for years. Jordan also taught me how to ride the four wheeler and took me on an adventure through the woods. He is doing well in school and doesn't necessarily like it but has accepted it.

Jennifer on the other hand has blossomed and grown by leaps and bounds and has liked High School so far. She comes home bubbling every day and is taking Acting I as an elective. I knew she would love it and am so glad that she decided to take the class. She has been to her first High School Football Game and two soccer games. She wants to be involved and that is a long cry from a year ago. Oh, and she really enjoys her Youth Group (although I think I already mentioned that)and even attended a Girls Sleepover the Friday before school started. She is making friends and working hard at everything before her. I am so proud of her and the good choices she is making!!

I am trying to find out just how to make time for myself and still get things done and mostly trying to find time to workout. The weather is starting to change and soon the cold will make it very difficult to run or bike and so I am trying to get creative. I was spoiled at Motorola with the full gym onsite and the flexible schedule not to mention the short commute. I am not complaining just realizing how good I had it as far as work and workout scheduling go. I will take family over those things any day though. Tonight I had my brother and family over for dinner and it was so good to just sit, break bread and fellowship with those I love and have missed for so long. I wish we were even closer and not 20 some miles apart but when I consider how little I have seen them in the past 20 years the miles don't seem so great anymore. God is indeed gracious and good!

1 comment:

glitzen said...

I loved hearing everything! I want to hear more stories. It does my heart so good to hear about you being near family. Family, warts and all, does much to help us realize we "belong" and that's a good feeling. Your kids sound like they are doing great. I wish our kids could meet each other, that would be so cool. Someday! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere