Wednesday, September 03, 2008

September already

As I read through my dearest friend's blog I am reminded of how much I miss her and also how horrible I have been about posting. I have no excuses but then again I don't need any. It is my blog. Well for those few who read this here is a quick snapshot of the past week. Kids are back into school again and hating every minute of it. Well, maybe not hating it but definitely not wanting to be done with "summer" and back to the ol' "early to bed, early to rise" routine. Jordan is adamant that he does NOT need to continue with his tutor for grammar and reading and Jennifer is positive that she will NEVER get through all this math. The drama is high right now. On a more positive note, we have had some great days just hanging out together as we say good-bye to the summer.

We were blessed to spend Labor Day down in Forest Park with our friend Anne at the city pool/park and boy did I need that day of rest, sun, cool water and wonderful friendship and fellowship. I love spending time with Anne because I can totally be myself (I am ALWAYS myself but I can be my messy, unmatched, messed up self with Anne)and we don't even have to do or say anything just chill out together. I hope everyone has someone like that. She treated us to pizza, salad and yummy apple pie a'la mode to end our wonderful day. I realized how long it has been since I have had anyone over for a meal or fellowship and determined that I am going to fix that real soon.

Tomorrow the kids and I and Dary and her two boys will head to Fox River Resort to spend the weekend. Actually, they will spend the weekend there and I will spend the weekend racing in the Thunder Rolls Adventure Race over in Illinois City, Illinois. It is going to be a tough but fun weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere