Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching up on news...

Jennifer is now doing both volleyball and track! Praise God for her heart to be her best. She is also doing very well in school and for those who didn't know she is taking a college level Bible class with me on Monday nights and continues to astound many an adult with her insight and heart for God. She will also be joining her brother on the First Lego League team that I am coaching. We have our first team meeting tonight and I will keep updating on our progress with this years Challenge.

Jordan and I had a great time bowling the other day while we let Jennifer have some 'alone time' at the library. Yes, we let her go get online by herself so she could correspond with her best friend, Alicia, who happens to be with her parents stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Now, back to Jordan and I bowling.. A picture is worth a thousand words.







Jordan is also doing great in school and for now is enjoying it and doing pretty good in the confidence department. This is always our biggest struggle. Jordan does not like to be wrong, think he is wrong, or have anyone else think that he is wrong. (Is it a guy thing??) Anyway, letting him see that learning comes through trial and error has been my goal for the past four years. We are getting there slowly but surely. He is VERY EXCITED about the new Lego League team. He was there at the championships back in January and saw other teams first hand competing and was hooked. Now he gets to participate and is thrilled.

We have had a change of plans for this weekend. I was planning on participating in the Berryman, a 36 hour adventure race, down in Van Buren, MO. and then after the race driving down to Lackland AFB, TX to see my nephew graduate from boot camp. Well, God made it really clear that He had other plans as first one, then the other started to get redirected. So now, new plan: We are driving down to Van Buren, MO to watch, volunteer and enjoy the Ozarks at the Berryman AR. We are then coming back home Monday for Jennifer to play in a volleyball game and for our Bible class. We will be tent camping Thursday through Sunday and biking and hiking in the mountains down at Big Springs Park.

I am so blessed!
Here is a picture of our backyard rabbit. We try not to think about what may have happened to the other three.. We have only seen this one for the past couple of months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I was hoping you were going to say you were going to visit your great friend in VA, but alas, tis not to be, I suppose! Oh when, oh when will you come and visit? :-)
Love, Kendra

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere