Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post Valentines Day

One of my prayer partners asked me this morning how I spent my Valentines Day and after thinking about how much I should tell her I decided to just bare my soul. Here is my Valentines Day highlight and you should feel special that I am sharing it here with you too.



I went to meet this extraordinary gentleman yesterday for a very close and personal encounter. He is handsome but that really had nothing to do with my accepting his date. We had just made the date the day before ( I know! very last minute) and I was not really prepared as I would have liked. I arrived a little early so I had to wait for him to finish working. But he was very sweet and got me settled in nice and cozy on this nice leather lounger that was oh so comfortable. Seriously, it reminded me of an expensive spa or the really nice stuff that is on display at Costco.

He apologized more than once for making me wait on him and asked how my day was going so far and I could tell he was really trying to make me relax. I am not real good at this kind of thing! So anyway, he had nice love music playing on the XFM through some nice Bose speakers and a really nice ambiance.
Just as I was to the point of being so relaxed I thought I would fall asleep he came back and started tickling me! Talk about getting fresh the old fashioned way with a 'pinch here and pinch there'. If it weren't for those deep blue eyes with kindness and honesty shining from them I think I may have decided I had enough. He is so sweet and caring though that I decided to go ahead and trust him.


Boy it went down hill fast!!!

Don't ever schedule a dental appointment on Valentines Day! One filling and a crown repair on my bridge-- an hour later with a mouth so sore that even if I had gotten any chocolate I couldn't enjoy it. I drove myself home. He (Dr Fulton Sr.) worked on upper and lower jaws so had to give me 'extra' Novacane that had me sleeping from 4:30 pm until 7am this morning! I didn't even feed my kids last night. Missed my devotions and prayer time and but a really great nights sleep..

Well it could have been a great story if it wasn't so true!

1 comment:

Mr. Jackson said...

OOOH! I HATE going to the dentist!! My children all LIKE it, can you believe that?? They look forward to their dentist appointments. UGH!

That was a funny way to tell us about your Valentine's Day. :) Mine was pretty boring, but Tony did buy me a wonderful card and one of my favorite movies. I've been so busy every single night with play practice that I've hardly even SEEN my hubby lately.

Love you,
~Leah

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere