Friday, December 15, 2006

Tremendous! Amazing! Powerful! Incredible! Motivating Dynamic! Wonderful! Awesome! Life Changing! Inspiring!! Humbling. These are just a few words to describe the 1st Annual Leadership Conference at the Sign of the Dove Ministries Uganda. The list goes on and on…

Praise God for the heart and mind of Pastor Dan and his lovely wife Erica! Their vision, dedication and faithfulness paved the way for a truly unforgettable conference. There is so much to say and to share with everyone but I am still trying to get my body readjusted and so please indulge my bits and pieces as I find the time to add my thoughts.

December 1 - 10, 2006 Zzana, Uganda

The rain was a prelude to the showers that would be poured out by the Holy Spirit. I cannot compare the trip with the one in Jan/Feb so I won't even try. The conference brought about a whole different atmosphere as leaders and worshippers from seven different countries joined together to learn and grow together in an effort to build the body of Christ. As an intercessor I can say that the ground was ready for planting and the hearts of those present were for the most part ready to receive.
(Sidebar) However, I felt God was working in me more than ever as He gently showed me areas of my own heart that He wasn't pleased with and allowed me to receive His correction in a tender way. Not to say that it wasn't painful but believe me, it hasn't always been so gentle. I am so grateful that I listened to both my pastor and the Holy Spirit because the breakthough I experienced was priceless and I can honestly say that I am not ever going to be the same. Now some of you are probably wondering what on earth was so ugly in my life that I needed a 'breakthough', right? That is the wonder of His love! He showed me things that I didn't even see and would never be able to change after it was obvious. The bottom line is that deep inside I held on to pride, arrogance, self-righteousness, and a lot of other 'issues' that I had conveinently masked as 'harmless traits' when the Truth shined His light on them it was just plain UGLY. Amazing though how once something is labled or given a name it loses its power as we can address it for what it is. I cannot explain the changes that He allowed to take place in my heart but I can say that I am humbled at His grace and awed by His love for me. My prayer is that all of those that I have hurt over the years will be able to forgive me also and I will be able to correct any past offenses. He grace and mercy is new every day praise the Lord!

I will be back to finish the highlights of the leadership conference tomorrow. Love you all!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere