Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In Everything Give Thanks

Thanksgiving was truly a blessed time for me with a house full of friends and my children (13 people in all) I was completely happy and content to cook and serve. I am definitely planning on starting my preparations much earlier next year though. I need to start at the beginning of October just like my Christmas list.
Thank you to all my friends, family and most importantly, My Heavenly Father, for all the many blessings, encouragements, support and love throughout this past year. I am BLESSED!!!

Our basement is nearly finished finally. The walls are being painted and the shower and toilet have been reinstalled. The floors need to be finished and a few small finishing touches before we can really start using it again. It is my prayer that we will get it all done before the 1st of the new year. For those of you who may not know the situation, our basement flooded the first spring after we moved in and all the carpet, paneling and the entire bathroom and laundry had to be taken out. It was a MESS! There was no sump pump at the time and so I had one installed as well as an interior drain tile system. We also found major foundational cracks in the walls once the paneling was removed. I waited an entire year to make sure that the basement would not leak, or flood again before beginning the project of refinishing. It has been a long, costly and painful experience and definitely NOT one that I would ever wish on a single mother ever! I had estimates ranging up to $42,000!! The idea of pouring that much money into my basement after spending over $7000 just to get the water problem fixed was quite overwhelming and I often thought it would be different if I were a man.

Through this entire ordeal I kept reminding myself and my Lord that it is HIS house and I am just taking care of it for Him and He needed to show me how and when to fix it because I didn't know the first thing about such matters. : ) God is faithful and finally a gentleman was referred to me who charged me only $2,500 plus materials which means that the basement will finally be usable very soon. Not that I didn't remind the Lord many times that it sure was a waste to have the space unusable but I waited on His timing and praise Him that it is almost here. The total cost should still be under $6000. The kids and I are so excited to have a play room once again. It will also serve as a school room while I am home schooling.

So I thank God for everything that He has blessed me with this year and even those things which the world would think was a curse I can honestly say "thank You Lord for allowing me to trust you in this too!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere