Saturday, December 05, 2009

First Lego League North Idaho

Today was a great day volunteering with FLL again in the Regional Competition in Post Falls, ID. I was a technical judge for the Robot Design and it was a total blast. The kids got a little bored after the first 3 hours (I was there from 7:20am until 5:00pm) Jordan finally left with Uncle Dan and Andy at about noon. If you have kids ages 8 thru 14 I would highly recommend you get them involved in First Lego League!

My kids say that I volunteer for too many things and after a day like today I have to disagree with them. You cannot give too much of yourself to others because you get so much more in return. I haven’t tested this theory but that is my gut feel. Today I spent several hours to enrich the lives of over 500 kids. Talk about return on investment!

1 comment:

glitzen said...

What a long tiring day, and you are right, so worth it all. I love working with our homeschool group, our horse club, and our 4-Hers. Its all so wonderful, I know I will continue when my children are no longer young.
Miss you! Love you!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere