Friday, April 17, 2009

Brokenhearted: overcome by grief or despair; People who feel their spiritual bankruptcy and helplessness, and who long for the help and salvation of God. Such people are in the right condition to be met and blessed by God. Compare "of contrite spirit" (Ps 31:18; Isa 66:2).


The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Ps. 51:17

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit. Ps. 34:18

He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. Ps. 147:3

Our Hope in Christ:
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;Is. 61:1 & Luke 4:18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! How did things go? I was praying, and still am!!
Hope to hear something from you soon~~
Love you,
Kendra

glitzen said...

You have me worried! I am praying for you and the kids. I know there is a big move in your future, but not sure about whats going on. Keep a girl up to date, huh? :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere