Monday, February 02, 2009

February, sweet February


To keep this wallpaper from Crosscards.com click here.


February is my favorite "month" of the year. Not necessarily my favorite time of the year or season, simply my favorite month. You can probably guess why.

Valentines Day! (er, actually that is NOT the reason!)

President's Day (definitely not a consideration since I left school, it was nice as far as a day off goes)

Okay, I will tell you the fascination for me with the month of February. I was born in February. My sister, my grandmother, my nephew, my cousins first born, my second mom, and some of my bestest friends were all born in the month of February.
Doesn't that make it rank up there in the best months of all time? Abraham Lincoln was born in February (my maiden name is Lincoln) and our first President, George Washington, was also born in the wonderful month. Really, all my life I have thought that it must be the most special month of all because so many special people were born within it's 28 and sometimes 29 days. Oh, yeah, what other month has a leap day??
None.
February is definitely special.

2 comments:

Messenger International said...

wow, that is a lot of birthdays!

We'd love for you to check out John & Lisa Bevere's blogs...

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com - the ministry sharing life-transforming truth

www.PearlAlliance.blogspot.com - the outreach fighting human trafficking

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't born in Feb. so I guess I am not one of your bestest friends :-)Happy Birthday~
Feb. is not my favorite month cause of the cold....surprise, surprise :-)
BUT, Isaiah, my Dad, my sister, and my sister-in-law are all Feb birthdays, so it does seem to be a popular time to be born!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere