Thursday, November 06, 2008

On the road again

We have been traveling and visiting with Grammy Elaine since the 30th of October and now, as we are headed back home, I have finally decided to post. I can't speak for everyone else so I can simply give my impressions of our trip and visit. Wonderful! Peaceful, relaxing, and fun!

We left Waukegan and headed to St.Louis, Mo. where we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for the night before heading the rest of the way to Branson, Mo. I dropped Grammy off downtown so she could check out the St. Louis scene and then we headed back towards the hotel stopping only for the Sonic Drive-In.
The kids and I swam in the pool, soaked in the hot tub, and lazed on the wonderful pillow-topped beds watching television. They served fresh baked cookies and delicious hot drinks to us while we surfed the internet in the business center. Life is good!

Friday morning we lazed about finally getting on the road about noonish. We drove to Branson and checked in at Holiday Hills Golf Resort just in time to catch a fall craft and scavenger hunt. Mom and I made polar fleece hats and the kids did the scavenger hunt coming back with lots of goodies. It was fun and a great time meeting new people and hearing about the different shows all before we even checked into our condo! We finally left the Activity center and went to the condo where mom was totally awed at the accomodations. I told her she should just wait till we toured the Presidential suites. She saw them the next morning and was suitably impressed!
We ended up going to a timeshare presentation the next day at 12:30 where we were treated to a nice chicken and gravy spread complete with mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and salad. Dessert, and drinks were just icing on the cake. Actually, it was a lemon cheesecake that was oh, so yummy! We met the sales person and I let mom hear the whole sales pitch. She learned a lot and asked great questions and would have bought one had I not been there.
We left after a few hours and collected $50 and went online and bought her a better one than the one they offered her for a 10th of the price! I am not about to let anyone I care about make a mistake like that. She is loving it though. She now has two timeshares and I am very happy for her.

We toured at Westgate Woods and then Grammy got discounted tickets to Silver Dollar City that we used to see the Christmas Lights and ride the roller coasters. We had funnel cakes and lots of giggles. We also hit eight thrift shops and shopped all of them!
We also visited the St Louis Mills mall and Jordan was thrilled with the Cabella's but 'bored' with all the rest. (grin)

We are now back in St.Louis staying at the Holiday Inn Express and I am sitting in the pool area watching the kids swim. Mom is checking out more of St Louis now and we are going to kick back and relax. I thought to post some pictures but they are on the other camera and I left it upstairs. Until later...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere