Friday, November 14, 2008

If you have known me for any length of time you will not be surprised by my statement that 'I feel like running away'. I have analyzed this to some extent and realize that there is a real dilemma here with the statement. I have never run away from anything (that I can think of) and so why do I seem to make the proclamation as if I know what if feels like? Never having run away from home, ditched school, or gone AWOL, I am not certain what the feeling is that prompts the declaration from my lips or even simmers in my mind. I honestly think that the best or better way to describe my emotional state when I feel like running away is that I feel like shedding all responsibilities and commitments. Now, if I were to run away many would still follow me and others would rise up in their stead. There really is no way to avoid those things that are required for daily life. I have come to accept the fact that when I am feeling like ditching everything and escaping life as I know it that I am in fact, leaning too much on my own understanding and NOT leaning on His strength, wisdom, and grace enough.

I will work on this. The craziest thing about all my thoughts on the subject is that it doesn't usually happen when things are going bad or are extremely stressful. I usually feel like running away when there are no major stressors in my life. I am sure a good psychologist could explain it in depth but it is enough for me to recognize that the only place I will run to is into the arms of my Savior. He is my refuge, my hiding place, my strong tower and my strength!
"In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God." Ps.62:7

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere