Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Adventure Rage in Boyne, Michigan

Well, since my last blog so much has happened that I guess I will just highlight some of the excitement we had. We went to Boyne, MI the 23rd through the 25th for the Infiterra's
Salomon/Moosejaw Adventure Rage. I was supposed to race but caught a bad case of bronchitis the weekend before and so I didn't race but did crew for the team. It was so much fun, work and excitement! The kids and Val helped me as well as a friend from Church. We stayed at the resort at Boyne Mtn. and drove a gazillion miles to support the team. Next time I am racing and not standing by although the support crew gets a lot of the dirty work too. I was really blessed by the great team that I was a part of and know that there will be long term contact with them. We got back into town and then got a call from our favorite local get-away, Fox River Resort, that they had availability if we were interested in coming down for 4 days. So we left Friday and came back on Monday and finally got some 'down time'. Well, except for my trying to burn the whole place down when I left the chicken noodle soup on the stove while we went out shopping... Uh, lets just leave it at that... Anyway, we finally spent our first weekend at home this past weekend. We decided that we love to go stay in hotels but we like coming home too.
This weekend we are going back to Fox River (did I mention it is our favorite get-away?) and then it is time to get ready for Val's birthday. She will be 28 on the 19th.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere