Sunday, June 14, 2009

Move to ID - Day Two

Day Two: We are headed over to the Penske Service Center to find out what is up with the warning lights and make sure we are safe to continue. Tom, at Penske Eau Claire, was so very nice, helpful and patient and showed me what to be looking for and what to worry about and what not to worry about. He ran some diagnostics and said much of the problem was that the truck is so new. They only have a few 2010 International trucks and don't have all the bugs worked out yet. He also found some 'false positives' and some faulty warnings but couldn't duplicate the same one we had the day before. Of course it didn't show up when we took it into the shop! He sent us on down the road after an hour and a half and we headed to The Mall of America. (I hate Mall shopping!) I love my daughter greatly and is proven by the next 6 hours spent at said Mall!
We met my second cousin, Jenna, and her financee, Wade, for lunch and it was great to meet them both and get to know them. I am SOOOOooooo old that I haven't met most of my cousins and second cousins because I have been gone from Alaska so long!!
Jennifer got to do some of her school shopping and I really enjoyed spending the day with her! She found 5 pairs of jeans and 2 scarves and a locket inscribed with a verse from I Corinthians on it. She only spent $63 from her school-clothes fund and got all her jeans from Macy's!! I have a VID for sure!!! (see earlier post!)

We decided that we weren't going to get very far with the stop at the Penske center, the visit with family, and the shopping excursion so we went onto Priceline and got a room at the Doubletree for the night. Nice warm cookies, nice long soak in the hot tub, and a nice long rest on the comfortable bed was just what the Lord had in mind for me!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus and want my life to be a reflection of His life in me!

A Good Read...

  • Rooms by James L. Rubart
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Any book written by Terri Blackstock
  • O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson
  • Black, White, Red (trilogy) by Ted Dekker
  • Driven by Eternity & Rescued by John Bevere
  • Under Cover by John Bevere